titan fenrir cooler orientation

teamo1

Baseband Member
Just installed a new titan fenrir cooler on my new Asus 1366 board. The picture directions were not very good. The picture appears to have the fan on the same side as the dimm sockets. It looks like it will interfere with one of the dimm sockets but I am only using three sticks so that might not be a problem. My question is the fan blowing in a direction that is perpendicular to the rear exhaust fan. Should I reorient the cooler 90 degrees so that the fan will blow in the same direction as the other fan or do the heat pipes need to sit on the cooler as they are shown in the picture? Also this is the first time that I have installed the thermal grease. I have never used any aftermarket coolers so I never had to deal with the stuff. I expected it to have the consistency of grease but it was more like spreading out gum. Is this normal or was there something wrong with the grease? I had to remove the heatsink once because I had the fan on the wrong side and I am not too confident in how it was spread out from the heat pipes. There were gaps in the thermal material when I removed the pipes. I put some more on before reinstalling everything. Should I remove everything and start over?

Back
Top Bottom