Side Panel to Window

Rivets aren't very...pleasing to the eye. Again, this is all opinion based. Not to mention, you'd need longer rivets, and a gun to do it (it's called a gun though it's not electric. You can buy electric, but it's really for doing mass quantities.)

Use 3M 4010 or bolts. I personally don't trust any tapes well enough to do the job, but I've seen 3M 4010 do it plenty fine.

Don't do rivets.

You can get double sided tape plenty strong enough for the job. I used double sided tape when mounting the ballasts for the HID's back when I had projectors on my car, never came off. My car doesn't ride smooth either.

epoxy resin? did a window years back before pc modding really came into effect, i was a kid and i was bored. but the epoxy resin held the acrylic window in place until i got hacked off and put my foot through it at least.

just need to mount the window behind the metal and allow a good inch or two overlap to make sure you have a good contact area and be careful with the resin cause its a PITA to get off if you drop a blob in the middle of it

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I'm going to finish up some college stuff and I'll get started right away on the project. I like the PSU sleeving idea. I talked to my brother and I think he'll be getting the computer. I'm going to revamp it so he can play his games. Then as his birthday present, I'll make it look pretty. So that will be my project.

I used some metal snips (they're made for cutting metal on cars, they don't heat up so they don't bend the metal at all) and just cut a square out, then used some 3M tape to mount it from behind. Plexiglass from Home Depot of course (Lowes didn't have any). This is my old case though.

^ Pics? I'd love to see a few examples of custom windows around here. Not enough modding action.

Back
Top Bottom