Should I?

foothead

Omnicide now.
I have this epically huge ten heatpipe CPU cooler, its designed to run with very low RPM fans but I don't agree with that.The thing is the size of seven DVD boxes stacked, with a heatsink branching off the bottom. Basically HUGE.

Anyway I wanna hook a leafblower to it and go for some sorta air cooling record. Anyone know the record for Phenom II's?

EDIT: It's 4.515 GHz. I could beat that.

EDIT 2: Here's what the cooler looks like.
scythe%20Orochi%20(Scorc-1000)%2004.jpg

Thats a 140mm fan on top.

Frostytech did something like that, except with a big high- RPM fan and it hardly yielded any gains. The problem lies with the wide fin-spacing.

Edit: Looked at the article again and it dropped temps pretty significantly. My mistake.

But I am doing it different.
Instead of funneling the air in straight from the top, I would do it at an angle, with a shroud so it has more contact with the fins, And their fan was only like 100CFM IIRC, which would put me at a huge advantage, as this leafblower puts out a lot more than that, and if it isn't enough, I have an air conditioning blower.

Anyway, any other ideas to make it work better?

Sorry, been skimming too much haha :p

Dry ice would only be cheating if you tried to falsify your results and be like "omg Orochi is win and everything else sucks."

It would be cool to do just to see how low it'll go. Might as well if you're taking a leaf blower to it :D

How cold is it outside where you are? I would try running that in the garage with the door open in the winter.

If you're gonna do that, I'd wrap your HDD. They don't like cold temperatures.

Its like 80-90 degrees here.

I hate louisiana.

Anyway I am gonna try this as soon as I find a good enough PSU.
I'll prolly steal the 700w gamexstream from the HTPC and use it.

Back
Top Bottom