Is this the right ram

chrisf-1

Baseband Member
Hi everyone I hope someone can be of help to me I own a dell XPS720 which at the moment has 3 gig of ram 2x1gig and 2x520mb I have used the Belarc Advisor to get these results which also tells me I can have a max of 8gig being 4 x 2gig so to ebay I went and came up with this ITEM 330518755013 which is 2GB-DDR2-2RX8-PC2-6400 RAM
The man has accepted my offer of £20.00 each for 4 but is a bit evasive about if they will fit my computer or not I am hoping someone here can tell me yea or nae my dell service tag is D6MSD3J before I have to complete which is Wednesday

looks like you will be ok with that memory. I took a look at Dell XPS 720 Desktop | Dell and it says that memory will work in your system. What OS are you planning to install, You know some OS's are limited to 4gb ram

Hi I was intending to stick with windows 7 ultimate and Internet explorer I have already installed these and I already getting problems I play a rather slow game on face book called farm ville which operates from adobe flash player which when I try to update adobe says it has not yet got a version for 64 bit so any advice there would be greatly appreciated and thanks very much for confirming the ram upgrade is correct thanks again Chris

Hi again everyone could someone give me instructions in layman's terms as to how I go about installing this ram as everyone says it it is easy but no-one tells you what to do, and are there any suggestions for OS as it is 64 bit at the moment is it possible for me to install a windows 7 ultimate which I already have in 64 bit can I put a 32 on as well thanks everyone Chris

Back
Top Bottom