Prime95 error help

madanchi

Daemon Poster
so, Prime95 gave me a rounding error "FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4" , I read that it's probably my ram, but I dont really know any good ram testers and I havnt OCed my ram in any way

also, I oced my cpu to 3.9ghz by increasing the voltage up to 1.525 (it blue screened at 1.5 so i just presumed the voltage wasnt enough, and I left the cpu memory alone), i know, I should have stuck with 1.5 but I wanted to see if my cpu could go that far. worked for a while then blue screened twice, I downclocked to 3.7 with 1.5 volt, blue screened again twice So now ive just gone straight back to stock levels (3.2 ghz and 1.4 volt) and everything seems fine, apart from Prime95 gave me that error in less than a minute

edit: ok, im getting blue screens and complete freezes when benchmarking and running games. atm games and becnhmarks that have either blue screened or froze are Crysis, Heaven, Tropics, youtube :/ and downloading whilst Prime95'ing :p
could it be ram or cpu? I took one ram stick out to see if one is damages and because Heaven froze before with both, so ran it again with singe ram stick - it ran the whole benchmark fine (with occasional strutters, presume my thtas my cpu), put both stick in again and heaven ran fine :/

did the test, my ram is completely fiiiine but, that pretty much leaves my cpu, so, as a last resort ill have to spend another £130 :( but I very doubt its my hdd, although it has been more noisy recently

edit: its definate to be my cpu, issues are: blue screening, random freezing and restarts (believe to be triple buffer error?) ahhhhh, looks like £130 for new cpu, I had to push it to the max and then damage it :p

Check the RAM timings and post them (All timings, not just basic), give us a Model/Part number or a link to the page of the product so we can see if the timings are withing acceptable range. Timings too loose or tight will cause BSOD's and P95 rounding errors. It's almost never the CPU when P95 throws a rounding error. And is almost ALWAYS the RAM.

Back
Top Bottom