Pentium 4 1.8 Overclocking Madness: 2.2Ghz!!!

aPanzerIV

Daemon Poster
So, I was screwwing around in Bios, waiting for Windows XP to be installed, and I went clicky clicky clicky, screwed with some numbers, and returned to my regular Bios, now, instead of having a 1.8Ghz Pentium 4, I have a 2.2Ghz Pentium 4 running at 120f, and now that Xp is installed, runs most games faster than my 2.8ghz Pentium D!!!

I don't understand how a slower-clocked, single-core CPU of the same architecture is faster than a higher-clocked, dual-core CPU.

I don't understand how a slower-clocked, single-core CPU of the same architecture is faster than a higher-clocked, dual-core CPU.

It seems faster, but when I tokk it on the PSM, it rated a little less than I expected.

The reason it seems faster, is that, dual core CPUs can't concentrate there power on one game, the can multi task, playing several games at once very fast, but they can't just combine their power in one game.

However a fast single core, can play one game very fast, but isn't very good at multi tasking, I don't multi task my games, which is why it seemed faster than when it was rated in psm.

It gets pretty hot, the plastic case gets pretty warm on the motherboard side, if you put you hand on the heatsink, which is fairly hard to do with a dell, you can instantly burn your hand(OW, it STILL hurts), but if you let it sit for an hour, it is actually a good replacement for a gas stove or a fire place, it just heats up the house.

What's PSM?

Dual-core CPU's can't double their speed on a single-threaded game, but that doesn't make them slower at single-threaded applications. You should actually benefit from having an extra core available to take care of background operations.

So, I was screwwing around in Bios, waiting for Windows XP to be installed, and I went clicky clicky clicky, screwed with some numbers, and returned to my regular Bios, now, instead of having a 1.8Ghz Pentium 4, I have a 2.2Ghz Pentium 4 running at 120f, and now that Xp is installed, runs most games faster than my 2.8ghz Pentium D!!!

Come on guys. What is wrong with the above statement? It should leap off the page and slap you on the nose it's so obvious.

The fact that you can't enter the BIOS while installing Windows.

Looks like I got trolled.

Back
Top Bottom