Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Overclocking | Cooling | Modding
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-16-2006, 05:07 PM   #91
BSOD
 
raven donkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 22
Default Re: Overclocking your CPU, How to do it easily!

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yo k
__________________

raven donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:09 PM   #92
Golden Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 7,534
Default Re: Overclocking your CPU, How to do it easily!

Raven Donkey; welcome to the forum, but:

Please make sure that your posts are constructive, and aren't spam like that.
__________________

LA061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 11:56 AM   #93
In Runtime
 
ASSEMBLER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 477
Default Re: Overclocking your CPU, How to do it easily!

hi i have abit av8 board abd cannot find the HT setting in bios so i am only able to overclock upto 2.4Ghz at a stable rate am i not looking in the correct place or is there another setting in bios to componsate for the HT settings.
__________________
1 Thermaltake Tsunami Dream case Jeantech 400w psu 220gig sata H/Drives Abit AV8 Mobo Socket 939 AMD 4200+ x 2 @ 2.6 ghz 2048 ram. 256mb Nvidia geforce 6200.
2 Abit AV8 350w psu AMD64 <A 3500+@2.4Ghz 512 ram geforce tornado 128mb.
3 Advent 7038 laptop AMD 2500+ 512ram ATI 320 graphics. wireless.
ASSEMBLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 11:33 PM   #94
In Runtime
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 157
Default Re: Overclocking your CPU, How to do it easily!

hey guys, i've got an Athlon X2 4600, and before i do this, I was wondering how much you guys think i could blast it to. I'm running 2400 at stock speeds, but running at 110% using my A8n-sli premiums Ai Booster, I can jump it to 2700, without restarting messing with bios. At 2700 it stays under 42 degrees celicius, which I admit, is higher than i would have liked, but still :P anyhow, anyone think it will go higher if I follow this tut?
PaperPlunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 06:04 PM   #95
Solid State Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 9
Default Re: Overclocking your CPU, How to do it easily!

im brand new to the forum, i just found it a couple days ago and my comp was running like poop so i decided i was goin to try to overclock it.... big mistake my computer no longer starts up. i have an Nvidia Nforce4 mobo amd 64 3400+ cpu and 1gb of ram. can anyone help me out with resetting my bios settings. the computer powers up but it doesnt even beep anymore. can anyone help me?
kotu100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 09:34 PM   #96
Fully Optimized
 
The Amish Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,034
Send a message via AIM to The Amish Kid
Default Re: Overclocking your CPU, How to do it easily!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotu100
im brand new to the forum, i just found it a couple days ago and my comp was running like poop so i decided i was goin to try to overclock it.... big mistake my computer no longer starts up. i have an Nvidia Nforce4 mobo amd 64 3400+ cpu and 1gb of ram. can anyone help me out with resetting my bios settings. the computer powers up but it doesnt even beep anymore. can anyone help me?
Have you reset your CMOS yet? It's usually a jumper found somewhere on the board. Look in your manual if you aren't sure where.
__________________
The Amish computer:
AMD Opteron 165 CCBWE 0551@ 2.25ghz(250 x 9) 1.45v cooled w/ Thermaltake Big Typhoon | DFI LP Ultra D | eVGA 7800GT@ 465/1110 | Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic | 2GB G. Skill DDR 500 @ 250mhz 3-4-4-8 | 80 GB SATA + 40GB SATA + 200GB IDE| 480w Thermaltake Silent purepower | Thermaltake Tsunami Dream case (Black) | Windows XP Pro |
The Amish Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 09:59 AM   #97
Solid State Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 9
Default Re: Overclocking your CPU, How to do it easily!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Amish Kid
Have you reset your CMOS yet? It's usually a jumper found somewhere on the board. Look in your manual if you aren't sure where.
yea i did a google search and i found the jumper, i also go a hang of the overclocking thing a little bit. my comp was running at 1.94ghz before now its at 2.36 which i dont think is that bad for the shitty 1gig of ram i have.
kotu100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 10:26 AM   #98
Fully Optimized
 
LambOfGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,783
Send a message via MSN to LambOfGod
Default Re: Overclocking your CPU, How to do it easily!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperPlunger
hey guys, i've got an Athlon X2 4600, and before i do this, I was wondering how much you guys think i could blast it to. I'm running 2400 at stock speeds, but running at 110% using my A8n-sli premiums Ai Booster, I can jump it to 2700, without restarting messing with bios. At 2700 it stays under 42 degrees celicius, which I admit, is higher than i would have liked, but still :P anyhow, anyone think it will go higher if I follow this tut?
yea you can push that core past 2700, i would do it in the BIOS though, i'm not much for using software to overclock.

Make sure you keep a close eye on your temps though
__________________
LambOfGod- Q6600 g0 @ 3.06 Ghz * DFI LANPARTY DK X48-T2RS * Antec 1200 * Rosewill RP550 PSU * EVGA 8800 GTX Superclocked *WD 74GB Raptor * 2 X Seagate 1TB 7200.11 (RAID 1) * 4 GB DDR2 1022 GSKILL 5-5-5-13 * Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit/Windows XP 64 Bit
LambOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 06:55 PM   #99
In Runtime
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 157
Default Re: Overclocking your CPU, How to do it easily!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambOfGod
yea you can push that core past 2700, i would do it in the BIOS though, i'm not much for using software to overclock.

Make sure you keep a close eye on your temps though
Ok, cool, thank you. I just installed a water cooling system, so I should be ok for cooling.
PaperPlunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 08:52 PM   #100
In Runtime
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 157
Default Re: Overclocking your CPU, How to do it easily!

Sorry for double post, but it's been a while since, so what ever. I pushed my cpu's speed to 2700 finally. It encountered an unknown error right after the second Cpu test in 3d mark, but otehr than that it works fine. Anyone think I could safely push it higher? It's a Athlon X2 4600. Core speed is 2400.
__________________

PaperPlunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0