Overclocking your CPU, How to do it easily!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello, ok reading what you have just written about ocing your cpu. let me just get this one thing straight. It would be easier to overclock the cpu if I had ram that was at a faster speed. for example if i got this ram TWINX2048-4400PRO ( http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Corsair_XMS.html ) then i would be able to overclock my cpu (athlon 64 4000+) to the adequate level that the cpu will handle without having to worry about ocing my ram within line of it. i ask this as i am on the verge of buying big new shiny expensive ram and would like to maybe start ocing my system. i have a dfi lan party ultra d so all the options are there to start doing it and a zalman cooler (see sig) to keep the heat down.

That would make sense to have memory that can run as fast as the CPU. But the overall attainable speed you can reach with a CPU is independent of how fast you can run the memory. It will benefit the overall system performance though if your were to have faster, overclockable memory.

I know this guide has been here a while but this was the first time I actually read it all the way through. It was a very good guide. I would be too lazy to do anything like that. I just have a few suggestions though.

The HT frequency is how the cpu communicates with the chipset. The multiplier times your fsb should be 800mhz-1100mhz. So like if your fsb was at 300 you would want your HT multiplier set at 3(3x300=900).

Also if you dont want to run at a divider you can just loosen the timings on your memory. Mainly your CAS, TRAS, Trcd, and Trp numbers. Usually you willnt want to lower them any more then 3-4-4-8. Then if your memory isnt stable after that you can always increase your memory's voltage. If you dont understand that then run a divider.

11632_1247196694900_1078917270_7835.jpg
not the run at 3.8Ghz, but its 3.7 here

if you blue screen because of a cpu overclock, is it because the ram isnt fast enough to keep up with it? or somewere along the lines of that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom