Overclocking your CPU, How to do it easily!

Status
Not open for further replies.
because with clockgen, you need to change it every time you boot up. With the BIOS nothing needs to be changed, you just boot the first time, oc it, then it stays, not with clockgen.

With CPU SOFT MENU II and clock ratios unlocked, I was able to OC a 366MHZ Socket 370 Celeron CPU onto a Slot 1 board at 413MHZ. It idles at 35C. I could try 550...

I have a prebuilt (somewhat now) I do not have access to those kind of features in my bios. Anyone know if it is still possible to overclock a system that is prebuilt? Mobo from a Compaq Presario 8000z-8QSXE1 AXP - 1800+. I think i could do it if I knew more specs about the motherboard, but all I can find out is that is called Quik-Silver-CMT (possibly FIC made, with Pioneer bios? not sure kinda sketchy) Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

pre-built = no ocing whatsoever, unless its like from Voodoo, or the most expensive dell.

That's what I was afraid of. Thanks for the reply. I guess it's time to start saving up. 1.5ghz just doesn't cut it anymore.

Some PCs can be overclocked, even if they are retail built.

Get into the BIOS and see if you can find any options like FSB :)

Do laptop bios have the option to overclock? I know that if i go into my bios i dont see the options to adjsut any of that stuff

It is very risky overclocking laptops. Laptops do not have good enough cooling in order to handle overclocking. So even if you do have the options I wouldn't suggest it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom