overclocking nightmare

You have to almost deliberately try to fry something through overclocking to cause any kind of real damage.

Especially if you just started. Even chips pushed harder than what most would think is safe can last a long time.

i was overclocking it and it wouldn't load the seatings i reset the CMOS and it stooped working
i know this is problem it but i always used a screwdriver to litley reset the CMOS because i never had a jumper to use.

But what did you do to overclock it? Did you mess with the voltages any?

What model mobo and CPU do you have?

yes i did but since i can no longer get in to it i dont remember what i did it has been a about 2 weeks since this happen.

but i know i had used thous volts beforewith no problem.

it was over clocked from 2.8 to 3.4

Your description of the problem is still very limited.

Can you recall the voltages you were using?
Does your computer get passed POST startup or just a blank screen (any beeps)?
Are you certain that you've reset the CMOS properly? You mention using a screw driver (that's a bit ghetto). Surely you must have the jumper otherwise what are you using when CMOS is in the normal jumper mode (sorry I don't know the technical terms here).

PULL THE BATTERY OUT TO RESET CMOS PROPERLY.

Let it sit for 10 minutes (more can't hurt). Go eat a sandwich or something. Pop the battery back in and report back.
Make sure the power plug is removed when you do this and press the power button a few times to drain any power left on the board.

Back
Top Bottom