[?] Overclocking my pc

After repeated crashing(blue screen of death) after 3.3+ I returned to 3.2Ghz and is running very nicely. So its not overclockable to a decent extent but decent enough for me as things are running more smoothely now :)

DL and run intelburn and check your temps

Okay so I tried overclocking awhile back and got up to 3.3 and started having problems. I dont know I adjusted the voltages right to go with the FSB speed. I am right now at 3.21 Ghz and still under 1.4v. My question is what causes the display driver to stop responding? It stopped for second and it came back on after I lowered the cpu fsb frequency through nvidia performance tool. How high should I be able to get my cpu? More importantly what should I do from here?
edit: I also ran intel burn and everything is stable and my cpu temps went up to 51c from 44

Wow that worked perfectly though I had to tune it down to 3.7 Ghz its still a HUGE improvement thank you very much :D

Wow that worked perfectly though I had to tune it down to 3.7 Ghz its still a HUGE improvement thank you very much :D

No problem. Thought that might have helped you.

Now remember, you want to make sure you keep your Vcore as low as you can. You don't want to increase it too much cause thats what will wreck your cpu. Take a screen shot of your cpuz information, or tell us your specs of the over clock so we can let you know how you did.

Cheers.

Well i tried uploading the screenshot through photobucket but you can't make out the text on cpu-z
oh here we go im dumb :p
aaoooo.jpg

Print Screen then open paint and press CTRL+V, save that as an image and upload to Photo bucket. You can also take just a screenshot of CPU-Z by pressing ALT+Print Screen.

Ok, I see your vcore at 1.336, you want to try and bring that ALOT lower. I got mine down as far as 1.27, which is very safe for the E8400. So now start taking your vcore down in small increments and while doing so, run prime95 until you hit something below 1.29.

Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom