overclocking CPU

pc4life

Baseband Member
Is it possible to overclock my computer? Do i need a custom PC?

AMD CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 Dual-Core Processor 245 (2.9 GHz) AM3

AMD CPU FANS: AMD STANDARD COOLING FAN

AMD DDR2 MOTHERBOARDS: ASRock N68-S Socket AM2+/ GeForce 7025/ DDR2/ RAID/ A&V&GbE

DDR2 DUAL CHANNEL MEMORY: 2GB (1 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC 6400) Dual Channel

PCI-EXPRESS VIDEO CARDS: nVidia GeForce 8800

SOUND CARDS: REALTEK 6-CHANNEL DIGITAL SOUND (ONBOARD)

NETWORK CARDS: REALTEK 10/100 ETHERNET (ONBOARD)

CASES: BCC VOYAGER MID-TOWER ATX

POWER SUPPLY: 550 WATT ATX POWER SUPPLY

Should be able to, but it depends on your BIOS. Go into your BIOS and take a peek around to see if you have the options available to overclock it. Usually you just push DEL on boot to go into your bios, but it's different for each motherboard.

You don't own that pc, so no.

1st off, how do you know? And if he doesn't, he might just want to know if he can before he purchases it.

I purchased it for my little bro :p and i would like to overclock it but i dont know if i can??? (thats why i made this thread!!!)

Thank you Gibson :)

Can i ask HOW you over clock. I heard its dangerous but usually pretty simple. Is this true?

Can i ask HOW you over clock. I heard its dangerous but usually pretty simple. Is this true?

It's not dangerous. But prepare your rig for an overclock before you actually overclock, I.E. Efficient cooling, and then understand the BIOS and what the features do. It's much like modding a car to go faster. You don't just slap a turbo onto your motor or re-program the ECU without preping and an understanding of what your doing.

Overclocking, for some, seems too good to be true, but it is very possible (and sometimes fun) to do. However, overclocking can have its consequences. When done improperly, damage may result in your system, and in the worst case, a complete system failure.

Back
Top Bottom