Overclocking an Alienware.

What model motherboard does it have?

Cabbs, You can always do motherboard modifications to overclock. Not really worth all the trouble to most people, but it does work.

Im not really sure, the only things i know are here:
Spex.jpg

Well thats great. I found this site:
Here
I gave it a look over, and if its going to be this hard, i dont think i should be doing it. I think i would mess something up :(

hey guys I'm getting my alienware next week I found this post by googling cuz I'm trying to see if i can overclock my aurora also
i7 920
6gb 1066mhz
2X5870 crossfire
300gb 10k rpm hd

I got this system as an exchange replacement for an older system
if anyone would be willing to help me oc this comp it'd be greatly appreciated

hey guys I'm getting my alienware next week I found this post by googling cuz I'm trying to see if i can overclock my aurora also
i7 920
6gb 1066mhz
2X5870 crossfire
300gb 10k rpm hd

I got this system as an exchange replacement for an older system
if anyone would be willing to help me oc this comp it'd be greatly appreciated

Sure I can help once you get it. Post up some photos of the BIOS setup and I will be able to help you out.

By the way, that is an epic rig. What CPU cooler did you get?

well it's the alienware aurora so it comes with the rebranded asetek 120mm closed liquid cooling system i believe...only worry i have is that the 1066 ram might be bottlenecking my possibilites in ocing...I have a fairly good knowledge about ocing just not with the i7...got the qx9650 on my system now at 4.0 ghz with gtx 280 sli

oh btw foothead my friend has a waterblocked 8800gtx hes trying to sell if you're interested not sure how willing he'd be to deal with someone online but i can try asking for you!

well, you overclock the i7 the same as you would any other intel CPU. Just increase voltage and fsb, multiplier is locked. You should be able to get ~4GHz on that cooler.

Back
Top Bottom