Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Overclocking | Cooling | Modding
Join Computer forums Today

Old 05-19-2011, 06:28 PM   #1
Solid State Member
Default Overclocking

Ok, I'm trying to get my overclock up more than what it is, it may not be designed to go any further, but we will see, ok I have core voltage set at 1.44 volts and the cpu oc'ed to 3.8ghz, last night I tried to bump it up to 4.2ghz and the computer restarted, but didn't load bios or nothing, it just stayed with a blank black screen. Is this a matter of not enough voltage or just can't push it further.

CPU-Z Validator 3.1

Gigabyte MA790X Mobo
AMD Phenom 2 940 B.E.
G Skill 8Gb Ram
Radeon 4850 Crossfire
Corsair H70 Cooling
850W PSU

obxdude018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 05:00 PM   #2
In Runtime
Default Re: Overclocking

You need to go in smaller increments. If you are stable at 3.8GHz, try bumping your multiplier up to the next stage and test for stability. 400MHz is quite a substantial jump to expect stability in that range. When you get instability after bumping up the multiplier several times in small increments, then increase the core voltage to the next increment and try again. The key to obtaining a great overclock that is both high and stable is patients and lots of testing. You have a good platform for overclocking, just slow down a bit and take your time and you will see some awesome results.
familyman is offline   Reply With Quote