Overclocking

_-..zKiLLA..-_

Fully Optimized
Would there be any advantages if i used a lower multiplier and higher FSB?
right now i have the highest (14x) and a FSB of 222

I guess some CPU's will OC better with lower CPU multipliers. But i've yet to own one.

I reckon you can get a higher OC as well. Have you tried for 3300Mhz?

Yea but dropping your CPU multiplier will mean you will have to increase your clock speed to get the same CPU speed just for the sake of increasing your RAM speed. It just seems a bit AAT to me.

259Mhz clock @ X12 multi to get back to where you are now. Fine with DDR2-1067 But you can achieve this will high CPU multi and lower clock. And remember your RAM divider too.

Whats the stock speed of your RAM?

EDIT: Just read else where that reduced CPU multi's and high clocks is easier on the system.

:eek:

Why would you not want to push the RAM? If you're overclocking you want to go for the best. Memory dividers for Athlons X2 vary depending on whether you're running an odd numbered multiplier or an even numbered multiplier. The even numbered ones give you higher clock speed for your RAM. I recommend you drop it to 12 and OC it like that. If your motherboard can't handle those high bus speeds you'll have to test between 13 and 14 to see which will give you the highest RAM clock speed.

I don't have it installed anymore. Do this:

Lower your multi to 10.
Start your bus speed at 235.
Increase the bus speed until you can't boot.
Then lower until P95 runs for 10min stable.
This is your max bus speed.

It will make it easier on you to decide what multi you can use.

222MHZ FSB is higher enough,core i7 have only 210-220 FSB yet,multiple can be higher I think,it is harmless than FSB overclocking

Back
Top Bottom