Overclock limit

nbrikha

In Runtime
Specs below. Running Windows XP. I got the FSB at 225mhz, but when I try to go over, Windows won't start. As it stands now, mobo is at 39C and CPU is at 32C, so it's not the heat. And it withstood an hr of full load as it stands now so there isn't really any instability in the cores. I was wondering if XP has a clock limit? Or if there's another problem

Will it go through POST? If not, it's your vdroop. You need to up the voltage, but BE CAREFUL. If you have not dealt with voltages before, post your current voltage here and list the next step up for CPU voltage provided in your mobo's BIOS.

Also, the same for FSB voltage. Just post the number, and the next step up.

You should look at the CPU core temperatures and not just the CPU temperature. You're probably pumping more VCore than your motherboard can handle.

Vcore is 1.334. There isn't a next value. It lets me set my own and tells me by how much I should increase (.025 I think)

Try 1.35v...

If that isnt enough, 1.375.

Small steps.

You can bump the multi too. FSB usually hits a wall quickly unless you increase voltages on other components as well. (DONT DO THIS)

If the fsb maxxes at 225, then lower it to 220, then start with the multiplier for higher OCs.

I'm 100% new at BIOS modding. which multi? I'll need full names. lol, thanks for putting up with me

Back
Top Bottom