Overclock on the 2500k

Jake-

In Runtime
Got a 2500k, with a P8Z68-V motherboard.

I do 3D and Video Rendering, the design and editing is perfect on clock speeds,
but when it comes to rendering i want to be able to make the cpu a monster..

MY current working overclock is:

4.3 GHz - 1.3V - 43 Ratio - Average Temp (Idle) 47*C (Load) 70*C

People say the 2500k is easily OC to 4.5, but i really dont wanna break the system.

Any help? Thanks.

(I wanna be spoon fed this one please ;) )

Ok, i found a way, i am now running at:

4.5 GHz - 1.35V - 45 Ratio - Average Temp (Idle) 40*C (100% Load Max Reached) 82*C

Is This a Good Over Clock?

Since Intels cpu can get a lot hotter than AMD's 82*c is fine for load temps. I wouldn't let it get much closer to 90*c but you should be sitting pretty at 82*c under 100% load. As long as your running a stress tester like prime95 and it doesn't fail your good to go. Also, and im saying this because you never mentioned it, if your using a stock cooler, go grab an aftermarket cooler and your temps will drop noticeably. something like the hyper 212 or 212+ and your golden

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2 Continuous Direct Contact 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler Compatible with latest Intel 2011/1366/1155 and AMD FM1/AM3+

Yh i ran Intel Burn Test, which passed @ 82*C, when im rendering its no where near that.

As for Stock Cooler, the thermal paste is still intact in a box in a shed, i purchased the ZALMAN CNPS10X Flex before i even bought the CPU :)

Thank you for the response, so all in all its a good OC?

I usually don't do much with intel cpu's, but I try to read about them and see what people are doing with them and 4.5 is nothing to laugh at. So yeah 4.5 is good with those temps, and again from comparing what others have accomplished I say this.

Back
Top Bottom