Over clocking help

dev893

In Runtime
Ok so i have my processor set at 4ghz (4.2ghz turbo) with the voltage set at 1.38v and it is stable i noticed there was another multiplier that i can adjust called the CPU NB Frequency multiplier. Ive googled it and from what i have found it is essintially the same as a fsb is this true? And if it is can i raise the multiplier so i can over clock my ram from 1600mhz to 1866mhz or even 2133mhz? I am using a A6-5400k by the way and my mobo is the ASrock FM2A55M-VG3+

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Computer Forums mobile app

Last edited:
So ive finaly overclocked my ram my cpu is now at 4.3ghz with stock voltage now (1.35v) my ram is at 1866mhz the nb frequency at x10(2000mhz) and voltage at 1.3v i am using the asrock FM2A55M-VG3+ motherboard so if anyone was wondering how to overclock the ram with this mobo here are the settings. Im sure you can go higher but i don't wanna really try ive noticed quite the performance jump going from 1600mhz to 1866mhz. Computer seems a lot more responsive and still stable

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

I will post screen shots of my benchmarks and PC specs

order top to bottom:

CPU 4.3ghz RAM 1866mhz

CPU 4GHZ RAM 1866mhz

CPU 4GHZ RAM 1600mhz

Attachments

• Ram 1866mhz CPU 4.3ghz.png
    Ram 1866mhz CPU 4.3ghz.png
    60.7 KB · Views: 8
  • CPU 4ghz RAM 1866mhz.png
    CPU 4ghz RAM 1866mhz.png
    63.8 KB · Views: 4
  • CPU 4ghz RAM 1600mhz.png
    CPU 4ghz RAM 1600mhz.png
    50 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
It would be responsive, but you have not mentioned if you have stress tested that overclock. Sorry not being rude here, more of a question really. I am out of the loop.

It would be responsive, but you have not mentioned if you have stress tested that overclock. Sorry not being rude here, more of a question really. I am out of the loop.
yes I have used Prime 95 I havent ran a full test but I ran a 30 minute test and it was stable CPU temps never getting higher than 65c I will run another one soon but I am going to wait till I get a better cooler just to be safe since I still am using the stock cooler and ambient temps are raising

Last edited:
Prime 95? cool. Stock cooler, mmm. What are thinking of, one of those all in one liquid cooled units?

No I cant afford one lol I'mma go with the Arctic A11 since it's TDP rating is 150watts which should be more than enough for my 65watt CPU escpecially when I put on some arctic silver 5 thermal paste

So i was thinking the wrong temp cpu with stock cooler hits 82c

Back
Top Bottom