OC trouble

Atavax

Beta member
i built my pc alittle over a year ago. I have a e7200 and with an aftermarket cooler overclocked it to 3.5 Ghz where it was stable.

After using it for several months i noticed it was getting alittle sluggish, so i reformatted my hard drive. When i was reinstalling the my motherboard's drivers, i acidentally chose to install the engergy saver option, that reviews had indicated prevented overclocking. My computer crashed, i set bios to default settings and then reformated my harddrive again and made sure not to install teh energy saver option.

When i tried overclocking again, i didnt even have to overclock it to crash. changing the clock frequency from auto to manual, even with the stock frequency crashes the comp before it can even load windows. After trying to find a problem for several hours, i decided to give it a rest because none of the games i was playing was very demanding and needed an overclocked cpu.

new games have started to get laggy on my computer, and im starting to feel the need to overclock my cpu; but i dont have any idea why my ability to overclock my cpu even the smallest amount has stopped. I havent had any problems with the cpu over the year that i've had it other then the lack of oc even the smallest amounts.

anyone have any ideas why it so suddenly stopped? Did the energy save drive get installed somewhere other then the harddrive that i need to clean up? I dont know what else to try, please post any ideas

my mother board is a Gigabyte S-Series GA-EP35-DS3L
cpu intel e7200 2.53Ghz
i have 2x2gig corsair 800mhz ddr2 ram
i have corsair's 1000W psu
ATI HD radeon 4870 512mb vid card
a single 500gb hard drive
using 32-bit windows xp professional.

if you need any more infor feel free to ask

Back
Top Bottom