New CPU cooler for my AMD X4 810

Bob94571

In Runtime
With Xoxide going out of business I figured it would be a good time to upgrade the stock HSF on my CPU being that it seemed like a cheap one compared to the Athlon 65 4400+'s stock HSF that I upgraded from.

I got This HSF for 28 bucks including shipping (great deal!)

and it lowered my temps from ~34c idle ~50c-55c under 100% load down to 26c idle and 40c under 100% load.

Now I wanna start overclocking, can I get a good overclock on this, I heard this CPU doesnt have an unlocked multi though...

Just start overclocking and see what you can hit. Just watch your temps and make sure you don't go crazy with voltage and you should be fine. Maybe some others more knowledgeable with AMD CPU's can tell you what voltage limits you'll be safe in.

Just start overclocking and see what you can hit. Just watch your temps and make sure you don't go crazy with voltage and you should be fine. Maybe some others more knowledgeable with AMD CPU's can tell you what voltage limits you'll be safe in.

It really varies with the chip. I've given my chip 1.625V (before VDroop) and it's been fine. There are others who can't even hit 1.5V.

On my AMD AM2 Athlon, I try to keep full load temperatures under 55c. If you take it step by step you should be fine. AMD says their processors is supposed to withstand 70C, but I would keep that max at 55-60C.

Also, because you don't have an unlocked multi, you'll have to rely on the CPU frequency. This will put stress on your RAM and a little bit on your NB. So if you want the best OC, make sure you have some good RAM.

if you want higher clocks i suggest better heat sink
That heat sink isnt good at all on OC chips.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835233029

Im running this heat sink on a q9450 at 3.6 with a load of 58c and idle of 38c.

That heat sink comes with every single bracket you need for AMD or intel and looks Sweet and cools well.

100_2817.jpg

100_2819.jpg

100_2820.jpg

100_2821.jpg

thanks for finding a reason to show ur comp off, I already said I have it why would I buy another?

and how does lowering my temps 10-15 degrees not work well? ive overclocked my cpu to 3.12 with a difference of 2 degrees... seems to work fine for me

wasnt posting to brag anything. IF you really have it OC that much then post a shot os CPUz and coretemp then at full load. Idle temps mean nothing.

stock 2.6 to 3.1 is barely overclocked. wont notice much of a temp change at all.

Ive seen that chip hit 3.95 with only 1.3vcore and 1.25NB. OC to 3.6 and see how the temps run on that Heat sink. Ill bet you will be high 50s

also run prime95 on fft mode to see MAX temps on ur clocks.

Back
Top Bottom