MOFSETs HSF

I'm thinking about getting some ~6mm x ~6mm. I'm afraid they won't do anything without a better HSF on the CPU also. Has anyone had aftermarket HSFs for the MOFSETs? I'd like to know how much your OC was improved by. I don't work and my only income is whatever my parents feel like I deserve to get...which usually is not a lot. Therefore, I'd like to avoid any unnecessary purchases. Also, anyone ever order from Petra's? They look to be pretty legit. Anything I should know about them before I place an order (if I choose to do so).

I know there is liquid cooling for the mosfets on most popular reference boards; The Nforce 6/7 series. And I think the x48/x58 for Intel.

But in the way of air (passive) mosfet cooling, your best bet is with ThermalRight, EnzoTech, or stock. You could also replace the thermal pads with better ones. But most of the time, the pads are pretty good.

EDIT: A follow-up to the ThermalRight:
MotherBoard HR-09 Type# Compatibility.

I know there is liquid cooling for the mosfets on most popular reference boards; The Nforce 6/7 series. And I think the x48/x58 for Intel.

But in the way of air (passive) mosfet cooling, your best bet is with ThermalRight, EnzoTech, or stock. You could also replace the thermal pads with better ones. But most of the time, the pads are pretty good.

EDIT: A follow-up to the ThermalRight:
MotherBoard HR-09 Type# Compatibility.

I know which I'm getting...I just want to know how much of a difference, if any, they made on your OC.

A large difference. The VReg temp can determine the stability. If the Mosfets flux under heat, it could ruin the OC or the proc. Probably not that extreme, but there is no way to accurately measure the mosfet temps, so I can't say how much it will drop. Probably ~6-7C.

Petra's is legit, ordered from them a couple of times. They stock real Yate Loons also, not the knockoffs all over the internet. From what Rohan says, Xoxide has the real Yates too.

Too bad they don't keep them in stock. They have been out of white LED Yate's for over a couple months...and Xoxide doesn't stock them at all.

Part of my question still remains unanswered: How much will the temperature drop from a MOFSET HSF increase my OC by? Obviously, I'm not looking for an exact answer...but just an estimation. 100Hz? More? Less? I'd prefer an answer from someone who has seen firsthand the difference a MOFSET HSF makes.

Back
Top Bottom