I'm drinking and playing in my bios

A True Folder

Fully Optimized

Click to get to Imageshack then click again to enlarge

What really pisses me off is that my memory is 1600MHz but the farkin Foxconn bios is weirded out so the memory divider isn't working correctly which means I can only bench at 1333MHz (1:3) instead of 1:3.2 1440MHz or 1:4 1800MHz (which btw my memory will not oc to with these modules so I've ordered 1800MHz ones, just waiting for delivery :D)

Cmon Foxconn, lift your game

pmsfl :p

Asus Rampage Extreme will be my next board I'd say

Since you are doing a lot of memory OCing, do you know of a good resource for learning about overclocking memory? I have done some overclocking of my ram myself, but not very deep into it, and i would like to know more about it before pushing it further.

Very nice OverClock. You can push this so much farther with faster RAM! Your temps are great!

edit: I was going to rep, but I need to spread it ;)

Since you are doing a lot of memory OCing, do you know of a good resource for learning about overclocking memory? I have done some overclocking of my ram myself, but not very deep into it, and i would like to know more about it before pushing it further.
Ask away, I'll try my best to help out (it's been a while since I've played with DDR2 but hey lol) What exactly are you having trouble with?

Very nice OverClock. You can push this so much farther with faster RAM

edit: I was going to rep, but I need to spread it ;)
I appreciate the rep sentiment mate but it really is inconsequential imo, I'm waiting on delivery of the 1800MHz sticks, my problem with the 2000MHz modules is that almost all of them have the gay extended height cooler heatsinks which renders them incompatible with my m/board / TRUE setup

I'm really tempted to splash out $A500 for an Asus Rampage Extreme

Your temps are great!

My sensor for Core1 has never read below 35°C and Core2 has never read below 24°C so take the readings with "a grain of salt"

If I remember to I'll post load temps, I'm pretty drunk right now and going to eat which usually equates to lightsout within 30 minutes of eating

:D

I appreciate the rep sentiment mate but it really is inconsequential imo, I'm waiting on delivery of the 1800MHz sticks, my problem with the 2000MHz modules is that almost all of them have the gay extended height cooler heatsinks which renders them incompatible with my m/board / TRUE setup

I'm really tempted to splash out $A500 for an Asus Rampage Extreme

Damn! You got the money eh?! If I had that kind of money laying around I'd be OC'ing so much more! Right now my OC is on hold. I need a better CPU HSF and I also need some MOFSETs HSF. Maybe a better board...

Instead of investing on the i7 over and over and over you should get a PII system. Those should be hella fun to OC!

A True Folder said:
Ask away, I'll try my best to help out (it's been a while since I've played with DDR2 but hey lol) What exactly are you having trouble with?
Well I don't think it is a certain issue, but I just don't really understand what the timings mean, which settings should be changed and all that. I've got Corsair Dominator RAM, as you probably saw in my sig. I have been told that is very overclocking friendly, but I wasn't able to push it much.

EDIT: I'll try and get my computer hooked up to our network today so I can take some screenshots of the programs you have. That might be able to give you a better idea of where I am at since I couldn't tell you my settings off the top of my head.

The thing with 8GB of high density modules is the stress they place on the Northbridge when you overclock them, this more often than not requires beefed up NB cooling to handle the extra heat generated by the additional voltage required.

A rule of thumb - The lower the numbers (CAS - tRCD - tRP - tRAS - seen as 5-5-5-15) the faster/tighter the timings, to overclock you most probably will have to loosen these (higher numbers) for the memory to run at a faster speed.

To my mind the Command Rate is one of the most important, you often see it on the end of a timing string as per my sig, 8-8-8-22-2N (or 2T), this has a major impact on the latency (speed) of your memory. My modules perform better at 1600MHz 8-8-8-22-1N than they do at 1700MHz 8-8-8-22-2N or even 1600MHz 7-7-7-20-2N

For a basic read try this article at techPowerUp or this excellent thread by Lsdmeasap at TweakTown forums or this article at Tweakers.fr

Hope that helps you somewhat

:)

To add to ATF's post I'd like to say you also might wanna consider the tRFC when OverClocking. The lower the value the faster the refresh time. Beware: If you make this value too low your memory won't run.

Back
Top Bottom