i7 920 & P6T Deluxe v2 Overclocking.

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
My goal is to reach 4Ghz on this PC. P6T Deluxe v2, i7 920 (D0) & 6GB DDR3 1600Mhz. (9-9-9-24)

Here are my settings:

Ai Overclock Tuner = Manual
CPU Ratio = 20X
Intel Speed Step = Disabled
BCLK = 200
PCIE = 100
Dram = 1600Mhz
UCLK = 3200Mhz
QPI Link = 7218mt/s

CPU Voltage = 1.35v
CPU PLL = 1.96
QPI/Dram = 1.35v
CPU Differential Aptitude = 800mV
CPU Speed Spectrum = Disabled

My 1st try I was able to get into Windows 7 with temps about 40-45c idel, but just as I was about to run p95 it froze on me. I had tried booting it again, but would get BSOD wile loading windows. What should I change to try and get it stable at 4Ghz?

I had lowered my setting to 190 BCLK with 20x = 3.8Ghz (everything else the same as above) and been running Prime 95 for the last 30 min with no errors with temps of about 72c-75c (update after 35 min I got BSOD). I haven't fully tested my ram with MemTest (something I will do today) but in my other thread I had problems with one stick of ram with the 1.64v, but after I realized it was 1.5v-1.6v max for this ram, I did a 30 min test with 1.6v with all 3 sticks with no errors. (will do a full test overnight)

(thinking about stooping Prime 95 and doing a quick Intel burntest, what do you guys think about it vs prime 95 its much faster :)

As posted above my goal is to get to 4Ghz, all your help is appreciated.

Thank you

Hope this helps a little bit. The 920 DO if done right can be 4Ghz+ below 1.3v.
Capture-9.jpg

Well here is what I did. X21 191 BCLK = about 4.011ghz. adjusting everything else accordingly, like RAM & UNCORE everything else was the same. I was able to play WoW on high settings for about 1h and did an Intel Burn Test. The Intel Test failed after 2nd run. Settings were 8 cores & Very High ram usage

I will try 1.37v on the CORE/QPI just for testing. Aside from the CPU/QPi volts is there anything else I should try playing with to get this stable at 4ghz?

Is there a way to test what BCLK this MOBO can handle with ought having to stress the CPU/RAM? This way I would know with what components I should be working with u know...

And by the way I did MemTest overnight with no errors.

It could be a northbridge voltage (if they still have that around on the i7). Unfortunately, there's no way to test how much the Bus Clock the MOBO will take without putting in the CPU and RAM.

UPDATE. Here is what i tried. Increased CPU/QPI Volts to 1.4v. 21x 191 BCLK with 1500Mhz RAM. UCLK = AUTO AMP 900 and enabled load line calibration. Intel burn test failed after 2nd run. :(

Im stuck!!! plz help

Turn off HT. Some I7s run better with it off. You wont notice a change in performance when gaming or encoding with it off at all. and 1.4 volts is way high bring that back down.

Update 9/22

Additional Comment:

Just a small update here;

BIOS = 0610
Ai Overclock Tuner = Manual
Ratio = 21X
Speed Step = Disabled
BCLK = 191
PCIE = 100
Dram = 1500Mhz (not the exact number)
UCLK = auto
QPI Link = auto

CPU Voltage = 1.35v
CPU PLL = 1.88
QPI/Dram = 1.35v
RAM = 1.6v
IOH = 1.2v
ICH = 1.2v
CPU Differential Aptitude = 900mV
Load Line Calibration = Enabled

C1E Support - Disable
CPU TM Function - Disable
Intel Speed Step Technology - Disable
Intel C-State Technology - Disable

I first started with about 1.28v on the CPU Core and kept QPI/DRAM at 1.3v keeping the same settings above. I would get BSOD or some freezing. I then continued to raise the CPU core Volts until I hit 1.35v where I was stable with LineX (5 passes run). After doing some reading I believe Intel Burn Test might not be able to work correctly with 8 cores 5/10 passes. From 1.32v-1.35v there is a gap that haven't explored yet, I might be able to have it stable at 1.33v or a bit higher.

I didn't do the Prime95 test last night because I remembered that this board has a very nice function that I haven't fully explored yet. Im talking about the way this MOBO just turns your entire system OFF after some time it being idel. Your computer appears to be completely off with no fans or light on, but once you press the power button its back immediately to where you left off! What is this function called? Will this function kick in if I leave Prime 95 overnight? Where do I disable it? And is there a way to turn it ON manually, and not having to wait for it to kick in by itself.

Please keep posting comments suggestions!

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom