I7 4710HQ With cooling pad still too hot?

DestinysGT

Beta member
So I assumed having the coolmaster notepal x3 would cool this cpu down. and it does the job. (Most the time) However I have noticed it still being close to 90C on a few games. While I do not trust myself to apply thermal paste even though it looks EXTREMELY simple. Any thoughts on lowering the temps or what a good goal for the temperature to reach would be? Also if it helps my laptop is a ASUS ROG GL551JM-DH71

90C is actually not too bad for a laptop CPU. It's on the high side BUT that's not totally out of the question. Bikerecho makes a good point. Removing dust will reduce temps quite noticeably.

It will... but only 2 weeks old. I doubt it's dust then.
Maybe that model simply is getting hot. It's not uncommon for laptops, specially gaming laptops.

One of my old laptops used to regularly exceed 105 degrees, not ideal but apparently there was a problem with the cooling on that particular model (HP G60/Compaq CQ60).

So, not ideal, but 90 degrees isn't too far out of the range you'd expect.

Ah ok. I figure its fine in the long run since I have a 1 year warranty + accidental protection and when that ends I can get a 2 year warranty + accidental protection. I just backup everything.

90c is awfully hot. That's about the limit for the CPU to survive.

Have you checked for airflow and that you're not blocking it?

Back
Top Bottom