How to overclock an i7-930 on Asus P6X58D Premium

gabete

Beta member
Merry Christmas everyone!!!

It may sound dumb, but I've build my system a while ago and I would like to overclock it and I have no clue how to do it.
So I have an i7-930 on Asus P6X58D Premium and Corsair CMD12GX3M6A1600C8 memory.
I would like step by step instructions, preferably with bios pictures if possible.
I've tried Asus TurboV program, but I don't know if i'm using it right.
Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

It's a good idea to learn about OC'ing before you do it and although we could tell you step by step how to do it and supply you with screen shots of the BIOS settings it might not work out well for you and/or your system and you won't learn anything.

Understand what the BIOS is and it's settings, BCLK and the various multipliers, QPI and UnCore, RAM and it's timings, and how they all work together.

Once you know your way around the BIOS and understand the various settings there I recommend manually setting most of the important features; if you haven't seen the BIOS yet then chances are most settings are set to 'Auto'.

When 'you' start to control the settings and the speeds of the motherboard peripherals data links the rest should come naturally.

Back
Top Bottom