How high can an AMD Athlon be overclocked?

LOLZpersonok

In Runtime
I am just curious. My processor is an AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+ clocked @ 2.11 GHz.

What is the highest, stable, clock speed I can get it up to? Just curious. :confused:

It's impossible to say. The highest clock speed depends on lots of factors, such as cooling, power stability, motherboard, memory, and even the chip itself.

Just go for it. As long as you keep voltages and temps within safe range, it's hard to hurt anything.

What "foothead" said. Overclocking is different for everyone. It depends mainly on your hardware and your cooling choices. Someone may reach 4.00GHz and someone else may only reach 3.60Ghz. Its all how you do it, and how good can you do it.

It's impossible to say. The highest clock speed depends on lots of factors, such as cooling, power stability, motherboard, memory, and even the chip itself.

Just go for it. As long as you keep voltages and temps within safe range, it's hard to hurt anything.

Okay...well how can I do it? I can't get into my bois on my computer bacause of a dual boot of the same thing...I would get rid of it if I knew which Windows folder my computer ran off.

I am not sure of my system cooling, and the chip but my computer has 4 GB RAM and an AMD Athlon processor...AuthenticAMD

Back
Top Bottom