help!!! buying new gpu!!!

Honestly, at the moment branding on the cards really isn't making huge odds. It's generally accepted that Sapphire and ASUS use better components than XFX, but on the whole the difference isn't really enough to warrant buying one over the other for the components. There isn't really any merit in buying 2GB cards at the moment (when compared to 1GB or 1.5GB Cards) - They might have more memory, but the clock is normally slower on more memory, and the 1GB cards have much snappier performance. Basically, the 6950/6970 chips aren't optomised to use 2GB memory solo, hense why the 6990 has two chips working together. Same with NVidia's GTX 590.

I, personlly, have a Sapphire card and love it. My friend has a HIS card and he's never had any problems. My colleague has an XFX 6850 which has always been pretty awesome to him. Generally, with the 6000s series - from what i can tell there's not alot in it brands wise.

Just look for the best Core clock speeds, best memory clock speeds and the beefiest/most efficient coolers. That's what really matters. a 1GB card will suffice for 99.9% of games.

Back
Top Bottom