Originally Posted by rowcon123
Yeh laptops don't last forever especially if you don't keep them well cooled and ventilated I can give you a few tips to keep the heat down but I don't think it will get rid of the heat issue all together.
1. Give your laptop a good clean out , take it to bits and clean all the dust out of it.
2. While you have it open (if your laptop needs it) put new thermal paste on you're cpu.
3. Buy a cooling pad these things make a world of diffrence
4. Keep your room cool any air cooler can only get as cool as the room you are in.
5. I'm now on Extreme circumstances, buy a new cooling fan for your pc as it had probably worn out
6. Put it on power saving mode and not other modes like hight performance.
7. Update all drivers
8. Buy a new laptop (if you are gaming go with a desktop)
Sent from my iPad using Computer Forums
Thank you for your answer. I'll have to see if I can find any dust or other dirt from anywhere, and get that out...
I do, however, already have a cooling pad. Although it's not one of those fancy models that have a mini-fan that you can plug through usb.
And yeah, a desktop would be better, but I haven't moved into an appartment of my own yet, and as I travel between two homes, a laptop is more convenient that a desktop (I'm not one of those who go carrying their desktop computers around
And I'll have to see if one of my friends would be up to removing the old paste and applying new one, as I fear that I would just put too much of it, defeatig the purpose... We will see.