Gateway FX-6801-03 Getting hot!!!?

fibercarbon

Beta member
Ive had this computer since i bought it around oct 2009. it stays on all the time and yes ive tried compressed air to clean it out but it doesnt always seem powerful enough to get all the dust off the fans etc.. anyways i was reading and found a tool calls Speedfans and i tried it out to see my temps. i attacthed a screen shot.
i have a core i7 920 , 9gb ram
what would you recommend i do to cool things down? which coolers are best? :confused:

fansu.jpg

i was thinking maybe this
Amazon.com: Vantec SP-FC70-BL Spectrum System Fan Card with Dual Adjustable 70mm UV LED Fans (Blue): Electronics

or this might help?

Amazon.com: Thermaltake TMG HD1 HDD Cooler: Electronics

im not sure the size of the stock rear case fan i measured and it looked to me around 11-12mm but i cant find the fan size specs anywhere online?

ROFL 124 degrees! Download HWmonitor too, see what that says.

Does that part of your case glow red? :D

If that's a HDD that's that hot, which it isn't or it probably would stop working very very quickly, then yes, you need a cooler. Hard drives work the same way as CDs. The information is, for the sake of simplicity, burned in to little holes on the disk.

The TuniQ tower is what I bought about 4 years ago and it keeps your CPU way cold. Google it, get something big like that :)

Back
Top Bottom