Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Overclocking | Cooling | Modding
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-28-2012, 08:20 AM   #1
Beta Member
Question Fan Cable Problem

I have a problem... I just started to build my custom gaming rig. The main piece of information here is that I have a CiT Vantage X11 case. As I was sat working on the cables, the side of the case was on the floor. Little did I know, the family pet, the rabbit, was wondering about. He chewed straight though a cable on the side of the case, which connects to the 2 LED side fans. I need a replacement cable, but I'm unsure where to purchase one from. The main function of the cable, is the manual fan switch. Personally, I doubt I'd use the button much, but it's still a nice feature to have. There is a small board which connects 2 x 3 pin fan cables to a 4 pin molex connector, which the button attaches to. My question is this... Does anyone know of a website which sells this cable/board? If not, can I connect both 3 pin fan cables to separate 4 pin molex cables and then get another connector which will put both molex to a 6 pin pci-e cable which I can connect straight to the psu. Another query, is there a cable which connects 2 x 3 pin fan cables to one 4 pin molex. I wouldn't be able to control the fans manually this way, but it would still be a great improvement on the pci-e idea. Also, would the 2 x 3 pin part of the adapter have to be female ports?

Dviine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:30 PM   #2
Baseband Member

No replacement cbles for fans usually, fortunately fans are extremely cheap these days

justykumbusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:09 PM   #3
Wizard of Wires
Default Re: Fan Cable Problem

You can solder the wire ends back to gether and have the rabbit for dinner.
setishock is offline   Reply With Quote

cable, fan