Epic cheap full coverage VGA blocks anyone?

foothead

Omnicide now.
I was just on frozenCPU.com and they have full coverage blocks for the HD 2900 XT for $20. Google returned even more for extremely cheap. I think I am gonna buy one or two and mod them to fit a different card. Thoughts?

you had better research what card your going to convert it for to see if its even possible.

20$ is cheep, so id go with it an see what happens.

I've got my card taken apart right now and am looking at pics of the blocks next to it. seems doable.

BTW free rep if you can find pics of the cooler master glacier 600, Koolance VID-290, or EK Radeon HD2900 XT taken apart.

woop woop!

That's the EK one, right?

It appears that it will hit the caps. I think the Koolance is my best bet because the memory cooler on the side appear to be cut-off-able (is that a word?)

EDIT: Okay, it appears that I might be able to ghetto rig it to fit a 5750 but fitting flat is out of the question. HOWEVER, It is a PERFECT match for a 5850. I am ordering one tomorrow.

pcb layout is almost identical in the area that will be covered.

I still can't decide which one to order. It's between the koolance and the EK.

I just need to sell my 4870 x2 so I can buy a 5850. Anyone interested? I'll cut you a deal lol. They still beat a 5870 in most cases.

Back
Top Bottom