Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Overclocking | Cooling | Modding
Join Computer forums Today

Old 05-20-2012, 05:36 AM   #1
Beta Member
Default Does this exist?

I dont know if this would go under mods. But oh well. So here's what I'm thinking: Is there such a thing as real-time updating on 2 computers? I have a laptop and planning on buying a desktop because my laptop can't handle very many games. I want to be able to plug my laptop and desktop together so like when I'm on the go, I have my laptop with all my files (schoolwork, programs, documents, etc.) and if I make any on the laptop, when i plug it back in, it syncs them both to date. I am curious because this would be extremely helpful. Thank you.

DArk4218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:45 AM   #2
Daemon Poster
Default Re: Does this exist?

In order to achieve real-time synchronisation, the two computers much be connected all the time.

But from your description (correct me if I am wrong), it does not seem like you absolutely require real-time synchronisation, just any convenient synchronisation method. In which case, synchronisation softwares like SyncBack could be a starting point.

distrACT -- an open community
● It helps to ask questions effectively
● Please join Server admins social group if you are into servers
dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:09 AM   #3
Site Team
Default Re: Does this exist?

What about a cloud storage solution where your files are stored in the cloud and you can have access to them from any computer, anywhere, anytime?

You should of course keep a backup of them on one of your own computers, but this sounds like the best option for you.
Don't take life too seriously -- no one gets out alive. Plus, who wants to arrive to the hereafter in pristine condition wearing a suit and tie?
I want to slide in sideways, worn out, used up, hair a mess, clothes tattered, & screaming, "Whooo! What a ride!"
jmacavali is offline   Reply With Quote