Is it doable

Cortb

In Runtime
So I'm looking to get some extra oomph out of my core i3-3225, and I know intel has locked the multiplier or something on the ivy bridge chips. So how would I go about over clocking this? Is it possible? Do I even want to do it?

Hi Cortb

Your i3 is third generation Core microarchitecture relesed 3Q/12 and I would not say you need to OC ... whats your full spec hon ?

CPU: i3-3225
GPU: ASUS HD 7850
RAM: 8gb G.skill
Disk/RAID: 128SSD 2x1TB in Raid0
Corsair h80
Power: 500w
ASUS p8b75 mobo

Looking to decrease video transcoding time and speed up live transcoding to my iPad. If I can 3.5-3.7 out of it, that would be great.

Yeah a quad core would be great for encoding, but I was wanting something in the mean time, while I wait for the prices to come down. I think my cooling can handle a modest OC.
As long as its able to be overclocked

But remember be careful and I would make you sure that you have backup of all your files in case anything bad happens..

But remember be careful and I would make you sure that you have backup of all your files in case anything bad happens..

Slightly related question, can data on a raid 0 array be accessed via another computer if I were to kill this one?

Back
Top Bottom