Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Overclocking | Cooling | Modding
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-28-2013, 05:48 AM   #31
Baseband Member

Default Re: cooling question

I would best that Dell is non ATX so cannot just replace the case?

I'd just give it a good clean, re apply paste, replace any fans with higher CFM ones, look into new CPU cooler if you can get one to fit, and fit any fans on unused fan holes. Don't leave the side door off, you will get hotter case as air cannot be pulled through the case. Good example would be the hard drive...will be hotter with the door off.

oobedoob scooby dooby ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:00 PM   #32
Baseband Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oobedoob scooby dooby ben View Post
I would best that Dell is non ATX so cannot just replace the case?

I'd just give it a good clean, re apply paste, replace any fans with higher CFM ones, look into new CPU cooler if you can get one to fit, and fit any fans on unused fan holes. Don't leave the side door off, you will get hotter case as air cannot be pulled through the case. Good example would be the hard drive...will be hotter with the door off.
I cleaned it out when I first got it, the CPU heat sync and the main fan have to match each other in order to work. It doesn't have any fan holes, but it had an area that was able to support 2 80mm fans. Before I had the airflow that I have now, I had the case open with a box fan blowing onto it to keep it cool because the CPU fan blows the hot air onto the GPU. My old GPu didn't have a built in fan, so had to have the side open with the box fan. Then I got the geforce gt620 which had a fan built in. I then got the 2 80mm's and put them where they are to get airflow through the case. I don't know a lot about computer architectual design, but this is probably one of the worst cases ever built. And its a DELL which are a pain in the behind to customize

higheststorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:32 PM   #33
Solid State Member

Default Re: cooling question

what is it 3$ for a plastic fan come on man cool that thing right that is still a nice computer if any of you upgrade ask me first I will shoot it to you simple and str8.

cobrastrike is offline   Reply With Quote