cooling question

higheststorm

Baseband Member
I have a full sized tower computer, but as of now there is only one 3in fan inside it. I put my houe fan pointing into it and it kinda helps with the temp. I wanted to know, could I cool my computer better by taking off the side and pointing a house fan at it?

I have a full sized tower computer, but as of now there is only one 3in fan inside it. I put my houe fan pointing into it and it kinda helps with the temp. I wanted to know, could I cool my computer better by taking off the side and pointing a house fan at it?

:rofl: Well it would cool a bit but its not very practical, can you post your Computer make and number or if home built the case and what are your temps ?

Unless it is a very badly designed case, taking off the side would actually be detrimental to cooling because you would be disrupting the flow. Bad flow, low efficiency in bringing the heat out.

Not to mention the case is also there to protect your machine from dust. So taking off the side is never a good long-term solution.

Most new cases can take 120mm case fans (mine is two front two back) have a look at your mounting holes higheststorm.

Lol I have a Dell Optiplex GX620 case from about 2006. My CPU runs at a steady 50-60c but my GPU run ar 79c. I need to know wha would b best

Back
Top Bottom