Cooling hdd

Well after it being on for a coupke hours its back to 54c so i guess either its reading temps wrong or the drive is bad. Everything says the drives health is good.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Computer Forums mobile app

If there's good airflow and if it's working as it should, then I wouldn't worry to much about it. Do you have all your data backed up elsewhere?

Really, I thought you would of knew how to do it. Anyways a program like Speccy or CrystalDiskInfo - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com shall do the trick. I have external hard drive that is currently sitting at 29c-30c max and I am not using anything on it except mounting Hirens using virtual clone drive..
It never once occured to me to monitor my HDD temps. I watch my CPU temps, but never my HDD temps. And to be honest, I'm not going to...:lol:

It never once occured to me to monitor my HDD temps. I watch my CPU temps, but never my HDD temps. And to be honest, I'm not going to...:lol:

Fair enough then, I admit I don't always check temps, Only take notice when using Speccy or another program.

The case has decent air flow and i just installed windows on it monday so i dont have anything important on it. I have the jumper set to were its only at 1.5gb/s should i rempve the jumper since that doesnt seem to be helping?

Doesnt effect temps ill just get a new drive i need one anyways its only 250gb

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

I did order a couple new fans one to replace my noisy exauhst fan and one to put on the front of the case

Back
Top Bottom