Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Overclocking | Cooling | Modding
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 11-14-2010, 09:19 PM   #1
Beta Member

Default computer screen video inputs?

heya everybody. so you kno where this is going, i mod xbox 360's. not the software stuff but for visual purposes. i want to take a computer screen and hook it up to the 360 console itself. ive seen someone do it before, though it was a much smaller screen. but i just wanted to find out if there is a way to input video to a laptop screen, which i took out of a gatway laptop?

stallion91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:03 PM   #2
Omnicide now.

Default Re: computer screen video inputs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallion91 View Post
i just wanted to find out if there is a way to input video to a laptop screen, which i took out of a gatway laptop?
Haha, good luck with that. I saw someone do it a while back, and it took him two years of prototyping and debugging before it was working properly. He ended up spending more to create the interface to the laptop screen than it would've cost to just buy a monitor.

I suggest buying an identical sized desktop LCD and switching the backlight from the laptop screen with it. It'd be a very painstaking process, and you'd need to know your electronics to get it interface properly, but it's doable.

Why not just buy a pre-made game screen? I've seen some decent sized ones that clip onto the 360.
foothead is offline   Reply With Quote