Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Overclocking | Cooling | Modding
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-10-2013, 10:21 AM   #1
Solid State Member

Smile Closed Loop or Custom Loop

Hello i am thinking of upgrading my AMD Phenom X6 II to a AMD Piledriver FX-8 Eight Core 9590. I have been wanting to upgrade to a watercooling setup for a while. But i just haven't had the room in my case for one. But i have decided to treat my self to a NZXT Phantom 820 case. Which has loads of space and compatibility for a water cooling system. I am currently debating whether to get myself the Corsair H100i and a aftermarket VGA cooler aswell. The Prolimatech MK-26 with 2 SP20 Preformace fans or 4 SP20's if i can mod them to fit.Or bite the bullet and go for a full custom watercooling loop. Which will circulate around my whole system which would be my CPU, GPU, RAM, MOBO. Oblivously for preformance i would go straight for a custom loop but i dont have any ideas on where to start or how to set on up, let alone the list of parts i would need. So based on my lack of knowledge which one would suit my needs best. I guess learning to use a custom loop would benefit on the long run. Last question if i decide to go with a custom loop is there anyway of modding the Phantom 820 to allow the installation of a quad radiator somwhere in the case. I don't mind spending the time top get it right. I know it already supports use of a 3x120 rad in the top anyways.
Thankyou

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

Money isn't particularly a problem so open to any suggestions.
Thankyou

xHurstx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:33 AM   #2
In Runtime

Default Re: Closed Loop or Custom Loop

how many graphic cards u going for?

TheCrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 07:05 AM   #3
Solid State Member

Probably only 1 for the time being. And perhaps adding another Graphics card in the future
xHurstx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:06 PM   #4
In Runtime

A custom loop will always outperform a closed loop. It really just depends on what you want to spend. If i was broke I would get a closed loop or a high end air cooler or if I had the money to spend I would set up a custom loop. This the site I put my cooling together from. http://www.swiftech.com/
except the gpu block and black ice radiator I got from frozen cpu. You could use my exact setup and it would work fine.

Swiftech MCR-X20 240mm rad+Black Ice xtreme II 240mm rad, swiftech MCP35X pump,Apogee HD cpu block with helix120 fans
particleman is offline   Reply With Quote