Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Overclocking | Cooling | Modding
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-14-2009, 09:55 AM   #1
Baseband Member
Default Amd OverDrive

Hello, i have a ATI Radeon HD 3200 Intergrated Graphics card, and i wanted to know if i will AMD Overdrive do the job? I have both latest Graphic card driver and CCC, and what is the recommended temp that my graphic card should be when overclocked.

And When i click the Auto overclock button, will it overclock my PC to the right amount that my PC can handle? and what do you think my temp will go to?

Usually when im gaming its around 40 degrees. without it being overclocked by Overdrive. what do you think my temp will go to when i' press the Auto overclock button on Overdrive

Also Will pressing the auto overclock, damage my PC in the longrun, like so will it bust down quicker or anything :< Im scared.

Can somebody please reply. =[

Can anyone reply please.

Bhavik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:54 PM   #2
Default Re: Amd OverDrive

It's hard to say what temperature your graphics card will go to. Most are designed to withstand temperatures up to 100C. I like to keep mine in the 60s. You could try clicking the AMD Overdrive and see what happens; 40C is plenty of room.

NOTE: This is an OverClocking tool. It doesn't evaluate conditions as though it were a human OverClocker. If you have the option of %s, start with a low OverClock and work your way up.

However, you have an integrated graphics cards; it is on your motherboard. I wouldn't really recommend OverClocking anything that is integrated just because if it goes bad you never know what it could damage. Generally, OverClocking a component will shorten its life because it puts more heat stress on the part. Fortunately, the amount of time it shortens the life isn't that significant. You'd be upgrading your computer by the time it starts to go bad.
JogaBonito1502 is offline   Reply With Quote