Air Flow Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClevelandOwnz

Solid State Member
Okay So I am building a computer, my first at that and have a couple questions on how my airflow should be. My case is a Corsair 500R, it has two intake fans on the front, one on the side, and one exhaust fan in the back. Where my question comes into play is I also have an Corsair H100i Water Cooler and it says that I should make those two fans connected to the radiator (on the top) be intake for best results. I know that it way too much intake for the little amount of exhaust. What does everyone suggest I do?

Top two intake for h100 + front two input, should approximately be the same amount of air as, rear output + side 200mm output + psu output. It will have more air coming in through the fans than out but not more than the amount of air that one case fan moves. And that amount will be reduced further when you put dust filters on the intakes so that your case doesn't turn into some kind of mutated dust bunny.

So top two for h100i intake and front two intake. Side, Back exhaust. Someone else said that but I was afraid that the directional flow of the air would just be weird and might create a hot spot. So you are saying how that is, would be legit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom