Xbox System Link

alvino

Golden Master
Has anyone tried the system link cable, and do you need a router just to link up 2 Xboxes? or do you just link em' up?

Thanks,
Alvino

sorry but i dont own xbox. all i got is the comp and good old sega genesis. and the orignal atari too. i heard that the xbox had some recall. is that true?

hey alvino I do xbox lan all the time :p you will need a cat5e crossover cable if you wana go from one xbox to another(XBOX to XBOX). but if you want to use more than one box, you will need a router and a few straight through Cat 5e ethernet wires, and thats about it, it's not really dif from computer networking(XBOX TO ROUTER TO OTHER XBOX'S). BTW hubs work for a multibox lan also.

So do I need a regular ethernet cable? And do I just plug it into both Xboxes? Because I'm just doing Xbox to Xbox (not multibox) gaming.

Yeah, I know I need 2 TV's but, do I need a router just to connect 2 Xboxes, or do I just use a System Link Cable and connect the two systems together?

You don't need a crossover cable, thats a waste.
I use a regular ethernet cable, works fine.
If you need more than two xboxes, then you need a router.

So if I need just connect 2 Xboxes together, I just need a regular ethernet cable?

Thats all we use at my house. We dont use their recommended cables or anything. But you probably should buy the system like cable. They have them at EBgames and such for 10 bucks.

Back
Top Bottom