would like to ask a question about wireless rooters

ryancilia

Beta member
Hi im new to this forum but i was wondering if im able to make a rooter preference as in ... i have two pcs at home that i use one for movies and all and the other one for gaming. now i want to keep them on both of them at the same time but i want the one who im currently using for gaming to take around 75% of the signal or so as when i connect them both im not able to play or the download becomes really slow and my ping becomes 999 i was wondering if i could change that and split it in portions as in one computer gets more than the other. thanks a lot and again im not rly a computer technician or anything so pls use simple english for me XD :p thank you !

There are routers that can do that. The terms are called "Quality of service" and "traffic shaping." I don't know much about routers but I think the routers that have those features are going to be expensive and designed for business use. There may be other ways to accomplish this.

There are routers that can do that. The terms are called "Quality of service" and "traffic shaping." I don't know much about routers but I think the routers that have those features are going to be expensive and designed for business use. There may be other ways to accomplish this.

Actually a large amount of home routers have QoS support. Typically speaking, if you buy a router that is over $50 it'll have QoS support.

I think it's better to raise bandwidth of your internet connection

I also don't think this is the best solution. And it isn't always an option. He asked if he could dedicate a certain percentage of the bandwidth he has to one computer over another. This is done by using QoS

Back
Top Bottom