This WLAN Drives me NUTS!

fangyongren

Beta member
Ok this is not a first hand problem. This is my friends problem. I would like to apologize in advance for not having so many detials.

His ISP is qwest I am not sure on the modem modle. He is using the a Linksys befw11s4.

Here is the problem. One of the wireless clients gets connected and disconnected. When it gets disconnected it does not seem to be able to aquire TCP/IP setting from the router through DHCP. Then out of no where it seems to work and then it does not work. Does this type of routine over and over. He has tryed to reset the router settings. Not sure if he has tryed to reset the modem yet. He has the router on a static WAN set up. It works and all, the lan computers connect just fine. Also, there seems to be compliants about the ISP. Seems that he gets disconnected from his ISP throughout the day. So not sure where the problem is. Could anyone help him out? Anyone have any reason to believe something is the problem over something else. I am thinking the problem is between the router and modem. That is just me though.

Thanks,
方永仁

Back
Top Bottom