Wireless wont turn on

cheese91822

Baseband Member
I have a Lenovo 3000 N200 laptop and my inbuilt wireless simply wont turn on. Heres the story. I was in class (at school) and i was on the internet fine, running through the school wireless. The computer screen then goes blank and the system restarted. When i got back into windows the wireless was turned off (it usually does this - good thing) and what you are suposed to to is go into the control panel for the wireless and turn it on. It simply will not turn on. I have also noticed that my mac address is completley wrong and its just FF:FF:FF:FF then the end of my real wireless mac address. I am using windows vista home preemium. I have tried to re-install the drivers but it still does not work.

EDIT: I can confirm that the problem is a windows vista problem because everything works fine when i am using ubuntu linux!

Can you give us a read out of what your ipconfig /all says. I want to know if you are getting an ip address or not.

Thanks

try resetting it and restarting you pc

I don't know if you read the beginning post but he is having problems connecting to his schools wireless network. You just can't go and reset an entire schools wireless network because of one persons problems.

Cheers!

Sorry for the late reply. when i do 'IPCONFIG' it just says not connected. It is not a network problem Its a computer problem

Back
Top Bottom