Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Networking | DNS
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-03-2010, 09:55 AM   #1
Beta Member

Default Wireless router usb problems?

I have a cable modem that connects to my computer via usb & ethernet but my wireless router doesn't support usb so everytime I want to play PS3 or use the laptop I have to unhook from my desktop and plug it into my router? Any idea how I can fix this? Will deleting usb drivers on my desktop for the cable modem work?

csell2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:25 AM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Wireless router usb problems?

Why not just connect the modem to the router and your computer to the router? I don't understand why you don't leave the router hooked up permanately?

Computer into one of the 4 ports on the router, modem into the interent port on the router.

jmacavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:56 PM   #3
Beta Member

Did younot read it? My router doesn't support USB but my modem connects to the computer via USB and Ethernet. I don't know why I get Internet fine on the wireless but not on my computer. Should I delete USB drivers?
csell2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:54 PM   #4
Fully Optimized

Yes I read it. What I'm saying is that you don't need both an etherent and a USB to connect your modem to your PC. What I'm saying is that you can have an ethernet cable from your modem to the interent port on your router and then from a numbered port on the router to the NIC on your PC. There is no 'need' for the USB on the modem. They only offer it in case a PC doesn't have a NIC.
jmacavali is offline   Reply With Quote