Wireless router...is it safe...health wise???

AGray34

Beta member
I am wondering if it is safe to put a wireless router like in a bedroom or within about 3 feet of a bed. I was thinking about how people say cell phones, etc can cause tumors and stuff, is it the same with wireless routers, is it safe to have it next to were you sleep, or is it better to have it far away from there.

just curious.

thanks

AGray34 said:
I am wondering if it is safe to put a wireless router like in a bedroom or within about 3 feet of a bed. I was thinking about how people say cell phones, etc can cause tumors and stuff, is it the same with wireless routers, is it safe to have it next to were you sleep, or is it better to have it far away from there.

just curious.

thanks

Lol - don't believe everything you hear. To make any serious damage from 3 feet (especially as it probably won't be switched on while you're asleep) it would need to be some serious arse Router with about a 100m range. The dangers are negligable and no greater because its 3 feet away from your bed rather and 10 feet or 15 feet.

I personally would be happy to have one under my bed if need be; I don't think its a danger at all.

A wireless router uses Radio Waves, cell phones use Micro Waves. I don't think your local radio stations are causing cancer are they? :)

Back
Top Bottom