Wireless problems

blackvelvet3209

Beta member
Hi i have an annoying problem with my sons laptop:( right he has

HP MINI 210-1020SA 1GB RAM 160GB HDD NETBOOK running windows 7 starter kit ........ we r unable to connect to the internetthrew wireless modem or threw a ethernet cable........ cos its hp when the laptop starts off we r able to access the internet threw hp homepage but when we start the the laptop on to windows wont pick up any thing.......but has worked before so mythed please help :rolleyes:

So let me see if I get this straight, your son's netbook (its called a Netbook, not a Laptop due to its small size and limited functionality) can only connect to the internet through the little operating system that boots before windows (I think HP uses the Splashtop OS), but when Windows itself boots you cannot access the internet through wired or wireless connections?

You say it has worked before? When? Has anything changed, such as updating drivers or installing software?
Go into device manager, and see if there are any problems for the wire and wireless connections. PC Jargon » Device Manager This page will instruct you on accessing the Device Manager once you are in Windows.
Let me know if you encounter any problems, and what software has been installed or uninstalled recently.

thank you .... found no software problems at all so resorted to settiing netbook back to factory settings and all is working :)

Back
Top Bottom