Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Networking | DNS
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-07-2005, 01:27 PM   #1
Solid State Member
Default wireless problem

I have a linksys wireless-B access point. It is unsecured at the moment until we figure out this glitch.

We have a RCA broadband box that the cable plugs into then it plugs into a airlink 4 port router into the WAN port. A desktop computer is hooked up directly to one of the ports. 1 port is going to the Linksys access point port.

We have 2 wireless notebooks. One of them has PCI card and it hooks up fine to the wireless connection all the time. The other one is a toshiba notebook with a Atheros integrated connection. This is the one we are having problems with.

Sometimes it connects and sometimes it doesnt. The computer picks up our signal plus 2 of the neighbors which are security enabled. If I go outside I pick up about 3-4 other security enabled access points. So I dont think its my computer.

When I go to connect. It says "limited or no connectivity" I try to repair it, renew the IP address disable, enable, reboot but I still get nothing. Or that message gopes away and it just says "Signal-Low, Status-No Signal" I have tried reseting the Linksys. Making sure its letting me in and everything looks good.

I have tried eliminating the 4 port router and just plugging the Broadband box directly into the Linksys. This worked for a few minutes and then it stopped.

I have noticed that the Linksys lights blink when I am connected and stop when I am not. BUT the other notebook remains connected even when the linksys lights are off.

When the lights go off and my connection stops and I click on the wireless icon in the tray it just says " Signal strength-Very Low" " Status-No Signal"

myke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 11:39 PM   #2
Solid State Member
Default Re: wireless problem

Figured it out, the port to the linksys is busted inside.
myke is offline   Reply With Quote