Wireless network and printer...

ftblplyr46

Solid State Member
Ok, I searched, and read, and still havent gotten what I needed. I am tryin to get my printer on a network so I can print w/o having to hook up my laptop to it. The desktop pc is connected to the router which sends me my wireless signal. The printer is connected to the desktop pc. I have attempted to set the 2 pc's up on a network, but when I do, I click on the desktop from my laptop, and it says i dont have permission to access it, same thing w/ the desktop pc. And even after getting the 2 pc's on the same network, I still can't find the printer from my laptop... What do I need to do or buy?

what router do you have? you have to hook up the printer to the router, i believe

I think its Netgear... not positive, but the dude who hooked up our cable hooked it up, cause its part of the road runner package... I looked at it, and it doesnt have the same USB port that the printer uses to hook in.

You don't have to hook up the printer to the router- if you were able to do that, it the printer would have a Cat5 connection on the back- not a standard for regular printers- only higher dollar printers. You have to share the printer on the network. Once you do that, you search for a printer on the network, and it should show up, assuming you have solved the issue not being able to connect to the PC.

Back
Top Bottom