Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Networking | DNS
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-08-2010, 10:39 PM   #1
Solid State Member
Question Wireless-N Router Question

I recently switched from a Wireless-G to a Wireless-N router because I game a lot and heard that the N is better for gaming. This is very much true my PS3 went from about 65% to 95%, my Xbox 360 went from a 3bar to a 4bar, and my laptop has a great connection. My question is because we have one other laptop in the house that is hooked up to the router and while everything I mentioned works great this laptop goes in and out of connection frequently sometimes for a short time sometimes for a couple hours. Just curious if anyone knew why 3 items work fine but 1 does not. Thanks in advanced.

CarterVol3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:04 AM   #2
Solid State Member
Default Re: Wireless-N Router Question

Basically we could say that this might be a problem w/ your laptop however you this might be an interference problem try moving the specific laptop near the router and minimize the interference between the router and the specific laptop.

willjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 06:10 AM   #3
Site Team
Default Re: Wireless-N Router Question

Yes, trying moving the laptop in closer to the router.
Make sure you have updated wireless drivers. Go to the manufacturers website and follow the general course of SUPPORT>DOWNLOADS>DRIVERS (all websites are different but it will be something like that). Put in your make/model and then check for wireless network drivers.
What kind of laptop is it that isn't working?
Don't take life too seriously -- no one gets out alive. Plus, who wants to arrive to the hereafter in pristine condition wearing a suit and tie?
I want to slide in sideways, worn out, used up, hair a mess, clothes tattered, & screaming, "Whooo! What a ride!"
jmacavali is offline   Reply With Quote